Questions for ABSU POST-UTME for Science-based courses are drawn from these subject areas:
1. The process of mountain – building by either folding or block faulting is known as
2. The two most important factors influencing the evolution of a climax vegetation are
A. Soil and topography
B. Soil and time
C. Climate and time
D. Climate and topography
3. The sizes of a triangle are (x + 4) cm, x cm and (x – 4) cm respectively. If the cosine of the largest angle is 1/5,find the value of x.
A. 24 cm
B. 20 cm
C. 28 cm
D. 88/7 cm
4. Find the integral values of x which satisfy the inequality – 3 <2 – 5x < 12.
A. – 2 – 1.
B. – 2, 2.
C. – 1, 0
In each of questions, the most appropriate option opposite in meaning to the word(s) or phrase in italics.
5. Mrs. Kofi is very provocative in her style of dressing.
6. Akoso thought that her father was very callous.
7. The distance traveled by a particle starting from rest is plotted against the square of the time elapsed from the commencement of motion. The resulting graph is linear. The slope of this graph is a measure of
A. Initial displacement
B. Initial velocity c. Acceleration
C. Half the acceleration
D. Half the initial velocity
8. Which of the following is a correct explanation of the inertia of a body?
A. Ability to overcome the earth’s gravity
B. Reluctance to Stop moving C. Readiness to start moving
C. Reluctance to start moving and its readiness to stop moving once it has begun to move.
D. Reluctance to start moving and its reluctance to stop moving once it has begun to move
9. A certain volume of mass at 295K is heated such that its volume and pressure are now four times the original values. What is the new temperature?
10. The shape of the s-orbital is
|Bank Name||First Bank Nigeria Plc|
|Account Name||StudentsHub Store|