This book is a collection of aptitude test study questions and answers collated for recruitment exercises of various oil and gas companies in Nigeria seeking professionals for advanced positions. It is regularly updated with recent questions as made available by our researchers and is professionally reviewed to reflect current trends. This book will be helpful to candidates invited to the aptitude screening test of the firms as it will enable them to prepare accordingly. We also have Oil and Gas Companies Interview Questions and Answers that will enable candidates to give expected answers to questions during the selection interview.
Questions for this oil and gas jobs test prep pack are derived from these core areas:
We recommend a copy of our Current Affairs & History For Scholarship & Job Tests to aid you in preparation.
01. Oil is generally found in :
a) Igneous Rocks
b) Metamorphic rocks
c) Sedimentary rocks
d) Any type of rocks
02. Which of the following is essential for Hydrocarbon accumulation:
a) Source rock
b) Cap rock
c) Reservoir rock
d) All of the above
03. The most popular Geophysical method used for Hydrocarbon Exploration is:
a) Gravity Prospecting
b) Magnetic Prospecting
c) Seismic refraction method
d) Seismic Reflection method
4. An example of Direct Detection of Hydro carbon is
a) 3D seismic survey
b) Bright spot
5.Interpretation is best with:
a) Specialized team approach
b) Functional team approach
c) Multidisciplinary team approach
d) Hiring Consultants
6. Which of following practices are likely to increase the chances of swabbing?
(Select three answers)
a. Maintaining high drilling fluid viscosity.
b. Puling through tight spots with pumps on.
c. Pumping out of the hole.
d. Pumping low viscous pill.
e. Pulling pipe fast.
f. Pulling pipe slowly.
g. Pulling through the tight spots with the pumps stopped.
7. In a well, during trip out swabbing was suspected. The flow check was negative and it was decided to run back to bottom (30 stands) checking for flow after lowering every 5 stands. The flow checks after 5, 10, 15 & 20 stands showed no flow. But with stand number 25 back in the hole, the well was found to be flowing.
What could be the most likely cause of the well flow?
a. Abnormal formation fluid pressure.
b. Derrick man mixed too light a slug prior to pulling out of the hole.
c. Running into the swabbed fluids caused hydrostatic pressure in annulus to drop.
d. In the hurry, it was forgotten to slug the pipe while preparing for running back.
8. Which of the following is an inert solid used only to increase the weight of the drilling mud?
9.Why is well testing important?
10. Name three common methods to prevent hydrate problem?
|Bank Name||First Bank Nigeria Plc|
|Account Name||StudentsHub Store|