The NDDC Scholarship Aptitude Test is the first phase of the selection process of the screening committee constituted by the Board of the Niger Delta Development Commission. The aim is to test students' ability in their chosen areas of competency and then qualify them for the next stage.
This book is rich as it contains the updated study questions and answers for the Engineering Discipline featured in the NDDC Oversea Postgraduate Aptitude Tests.
NDDC Engineering test prep questions are pulled from:
1. A homeowner is required to obtain a building permit prior to the installation of a photovoltaic array on the roof of a house for which of the following reasons?
A. providing data to the community about the use of alternative energy
B. communicating information about the system to the local utility provider
C. generating an architectural design for use by a general contractor
D. ensuring that the equipment is compatible with the design of the existing structure
2. The decision to pursue possible new technology products or systems should be carefully analyzed because new technologies:
A. often result in unintended consequences.
B. may have limited applications.
C. generally build on old technologies.
D. often use nonrenewable resources.
3. A transportation engineer involved in designing a traffic light system for an intersection is most likely to conduct a vehicle count at the intersection during which of the following stages of the engineering design process?
A. gathering information
B. generating multiple solutions
C. selecting an appropriate solution
D. analyzing the solution
4. Use the diagram below to answer the question that follows.
The diagram represents a system that converts mechanical energy to electric energy, as shown in the diagram. Which of the following devices could represent the X?
A. a gas turbine engine
B. an internal combustion engine
C. a wind-powered turbine
D. a coal-powered steam engine
5. Use the diagram below to answer the question that follows.
The diagram shows a stress-strain graph for a cylindrical metal bar under tension. Which of the following best describes the properties of the metal in Region 1 of the graph?
A. The metal is starting to experience shear stress.
B. The metal is becoming more elastic.
C. The metal is undergoing permanent deformation.
D. The metal is starting to anneal.
|Bank Name||First Bank Nigeria Plc|
|Account Name||StudentsHub Store|